hippiedaizy

P.D. Singer
Xylophone
K.Z. Snow
Don't Read in the Closet: Volume Four
With Caution (With or Without Series, #3)
J.L. Langley
Fettered - Lyn Gala Alright, so here goes nothing.

BDSM photo: bdsm bdsm.jpg

Dilly Carter is 19 years old and is dealing with family issues. His brother, Gary, is accused of rape, but that's not all. He's raping them while acting like a "dom". He's tying them up and beating them and then raping them. The media catches wind of this and shows his whip and other BDSM toys on his bed in a picture. Dilly is now fascinated with it. Why would that turn him on? He's confused. Oh and he's not turned on by being the dom. He wants to be the little sub. He wants to be tied up and spanked. He needs to find answers.

BDSM photo: BDSM 800px-BDSM_Dungeon_Equipment.jpg

So after having a few drinks with his buddies he finds the courage to walk into a leather bar, called Stonewall.
"You're catnip to a bar full of tigers"

BDSM photo: bdsm 4578e5818c2b.jpg

Who does he meet there? Why Miss Dolphinia, of course. She's a transvestite and she scares Dilly at first. I was kind of turned off when Dilly kept calling her a "man/woman", but once he blurted out questions it was fine. Do I consider that transphobic? Nah, just a little wet behind the ears. He didn't know what he was in for when stepping into that place.

Which brings me to my next problem. He's a freaking pup! I would have liked Dilly to be a little older. Why? I don't know, but for some reason his age really bothered me.

So while in Stonewall, he's like blood to sharks. Doms are all over him. It was kind of frightening for me as a reader that he couldn't say no or get away. He could barely speak, period. It was almost to the point where I was wanting to scream either get out or start asking your questions. Finally, Miss Dolphinia helps him out though and sets him up with Vin.

Oh Vin. He ran so hot and cold, I wanted to shake him. But, once they got together they were SMOKING!
my body is ready photo: http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbwz64BeTw1qcwnh1.gif tumblr_mbwz64BeTw1qcwnh1.gif

Then Gary pissed me off so much that I wanted to strangle him. I could not believe the words out of his mouth. I just couldn't believe it. I just kept thinking what a douchebag asshole Gary was.
asshole gif photo: You're An Asshole c4ef84a0.gif

But, his mother. Oh man. There were so many things wrong with her. Yes, I get it, you are a parent and you want to protect them from the world. However, as a parent you should see what's going on with the rest of your kids, too. Couldn't she see how much it was weighing on Carmine and Dylan?
frustrated photo: Frustrated Frustrated.jpg

I can see why people wouldn't like this book, so I am not going to judge. Although, I never saw Vin as abusive, even though they didn't use safewords. He relied on Dylan's body language which he gave away a lot. If he hid things he would have used a safeword. It's about trust and for Vin and Dylan, it worked.

I would have liked for Vin and Dylan to go back to Stonewall while Guard was there. I would have liked Dylan to tell Guard how wrong he is about Vin.

I would have also liked an Epi, but then again I always do.