hippiedaizy

P.D. Singer
Xylophone
K.Z. Snow
Don't Read in the Closet: Volume Four
With Caution (With or Without Series, #3)
J.L. Langley
Unlikely Hero - Sean Michael First let me talk about Josie. I have 2 girls, ages 6 and 4.5, and Josie, who is 3, grated on my nerves a bit. Talking in 3rd person was probably the worst for me. At 3 my kids were talking, but not like Josie was. But, there were times when she was talking like a 2 year old then a 5 year old. It was annoying. I could get her behavior from she was going through, but from what Eric said about her not liking strangers she sure did take to Gordon, Max, Lacy, etc. I could see her clinging to Brock, because Eric prepared her.

Now, let's talk about Eric and Brock. Soooooo...9 years prior these 2 split because Eric thought he didn't fit into Brock's life and all Eric wanted was to be a dad. I get that, I really do. However, what I don't get is the first time you talk to each other again and Eric calls him "love" and Brock starts in with "baby". It was like nothing happened 9 years ago. Wasn't Brock upset with Eric? If not, then why didn't he call Eric during the 9 year split?

When Eric calls Brock, it's asking for help. He knows Brock will be his hero and save the day. Because that's who Brock is, his hero. Eric's daughter was kidnapped from daycare and he turned to his hero for help, who called in his entourage. Must be nice to know someone who has money and power to throw around. Whatever happened with the money? Was it returned to Brock?

I really did enjoy this story. However, I felt like something was missing in the ending. Ummm...what happened? Did Tim get jail time? Did Eric's mom get jail time? Did Brock adopt Josie? Did Max get his job back? Did he really get arrested or were the charges dropped? Did Eric issue a restraining order against El?

Overall, good story that's family focused and not sex focused.