hippiedaizy

P.D. Singer
Xylophone
K.Z. Snow
Don't Read in the Closet: Volume Four
With Caution (With or Without Series, #3)
J.L. Langley
Gumption & Gumshoes - Alex Kidwell So this was super cute! I think I had a smile on my face the entire time reading.

August is a 30 year old overweight chinchilla shifter. He's awkward, babbles when he's nervous, he chews on pencils, and he's a klutz. He's not happy at his current job and he's excited for the weekend when he can hang around in his boxers all day and eat cheese puffs and watch his old detective movies.

Little does he know his life is about to change. His grandpa dies and leaves him $50,000. He decides to follow his dream and become a PI. Ummm...it's quite a bit different than the movies and novels though.

He rents his office from Sam. A 46 year old grump of a man. I never really got a good read on Sam, other than he's protective. He doesn't want to like August, since his marriage of 15 years failed. He doesn't want that same heartbreak so he's given up on love. But, somehow August wormed his way into Sam's heart and stayed there. He's so sweet to August though. Even helping with his dust baths and buying him applewood sticks. Some of my favorite parts were when August shifted and Sam was holding him whether in his pocket or having him curled up on his chest. So sweet.

I didn't like how August talked down about himself all the time. Even name calling and making fun of himself. It made me sad. I just wanted to grab him and give him a big hug. Even his mother had some things to say and from the description she isn't thin either. Way to make your kid feel like crap. Speaking of parents, I wish we could have seen Sam with the herd.

Oh and by the way, I totally want a chinchilla now.