hippiedaizy

P.D. Singer
Xylophone
K.Z. Snow
Don't Read in the Closet: Volume Four
With Caution (With or Without Series, #3)
J.L. Langley
Better - Jaime Samms 3.5 Stars

First, the constant POV changes threw me. I had to read a lot twice, because I wasn't sure if it was Aadon or Jesse that I was supposed to be reading.

Jesse is a survivor of domestic and sexual abuse. He was raped so many times, he didn't even realize he was being raped--that's EFFED UP! He moved across the country to get away from his ex, with his best friend and protector, Sarah. But, to be honest, I thought Sarah walked on eggshells around Jesse too much. Let the guy be. He's a big boy. He'll come to you if he needs you, like he always does. It was annoying, Sarah's constant worry and nagging.

Then we meet Aadon and well, he's kind of an odd one. I wasn't sure what was going on in his head. To be honest, he was more messed up than Jesse. I wanted to strangle the ever living shit out of Aadon's parents. That's all that needs to be said about them. Aadon is attracted to Jesse and wants to get to know him. So he pursues him and a relationship forms. But, it fizzled quickly.

I could see Jesse being a sub, but Aadon did not strike me as a Dom at all. It was really hard for me to buy that story, but that's just me. A real Dom would have had the power to say NO! This isn't what Jesse needs right now. A real Dom wouldn't have gave in to his desires like that.

My heart broke for Jesse. But, I was getting REALLY upset with him for almost letting Anthony get away with it. It seriously hurt my heart. I think that's where I cried for the first time. I literally had to put my kindle down and just bawl. For every single rape/abuse survivor. For those who were too scared or too humiliated to tell their story. For those who had to endure the horrific pain they went through. Then my heart soared when he stood up for himself for the first time. It was beautiful to watch. Of course, I cried again, but happy tears.

I think I need a sequel. There are too many loose ends. How did Jesse and Aadon handle the financial situation? Whatever happened with Sarah? Everything okay? Did Ricky and Jesse talk about healing? Is Ricky better? Will he have to stay in the halfway house forever? Does Jesse keep in contact with David and Justin?

LOVED the Three Musketeers :) Leo and Mike were great.

Overall, good book about overcoming abuse and realizing you can't always be a fixer. (I rounded up in my rating due to the emotion it caused me!)