hippiedaizy

P.D. Singer
Xylophone
K.Z. Snow
Don't Read in the Closet: Volume Four
With Caution (With or Without Series, #3)
J.L. Langley
Broken - Megan Hart Megan Hart, I love you! Your books are so emotional, deep, gut wrenching, and real.

This is the story about Sadie and Adam...and Joe.

Sadie is happy and loves her husband Adam with all of her being. Even their fights are beautiful. They have a great relationship and have a great life together. Then one day, it all changes. Adam gets in an accident and he's a quadriplegic. Sadie is there for him, but he won't talk to her. He won't tell her anything. He doesn't even let her touch him anymore.

This is a raw and emotional story. My heart hurt for Sadie. I was so angry at Adam for treating her the way he did when all she wanted was love and to help. To be his wife. Sure they couldn't go back to the way things were before, but start a new future.

Then one day Sadie meets Joe. Joe and Sadie have lunch together the first Friday of every month but only talk. He tells her stories about his life (mostly sex life) and she fantasizes that it's her he's talking about. They don't talk about the "real world" just their stories, but they learn about each other through them.

Right and wrong, good and bad, the lines are blurred when it comes to matters of the heart. Anyone who has never felt that has no right to judge, and anyone who ever has won't have to.

Sadie doesn't talk to anyone (family/friends) about Adam, because she doesn't want to be a burden? Scared? Guilty? So no one really knows how she feels deep down.

I think I would feel guilty everyday. Knowing that I can walk and live my life, but my spouse is stuck in bed or in a chair everyday and can't feel anything from the neck down. This book really gutted me, because of how real it was. I felt Sadie. I cried for her. I cried for Adam.

It's easier to keep being what you are, even if the only person who expects you to be it is yourself.