hippiedaizy

P.D. Singer
Xylophone
K.Z. Snow
Don't Read in the Closet: Volume Four
With Caution (With or Without Series, #3)
J.L. Langley
Betrayed - Wodke Hawkinson 4.5 Stars

WARNING! THIS IS NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART!!!! Seriously graphic (rape scenes and beaten brutally). I can handle a lot and this turned my stomach.

However, with that said, I think that's why I loved it so much more. It made me really connect with Brooklyn. I was in tears, shaken, hurt, scared, angry, frantic, etc. with her. I could not imagine going through what Brooklyn did and live to tell about it. I could not imagine the pain she was in the entire time. I could not imagine going into survival mode like she had to...many times. I am still extremely shaken up over this. I was so disgusted at what I was reading I felt sick to my stomach reading the words.

Then Brooklyn was in survival mode and found her way out.

She runs into Lance. I fell in love with Lance when he first came on the page. Living off the grid in the mountains. No electricity or connection to the outside world...LOVE IT! Lance and Gilbert :) The tenderness that Lance showed Brooklyn and the patience warmed my heart. He was there when she needed and gave her space as well. He let her come to him when she needed to talk. They became friends and then fell in love. I loved watching that love grow. I truly think that stumbling upon Lance and the cabin saved her life even more, because it gave Brooklyn time to think and heal. It gave her time to grieve everything that happened to her without really being back in reality, but safe.

This book was too long, in my opinion though. Or perhaps just the ending felt rushed. I get months and months of living in the cabin then once she leaves it's okay she did this then this. I wanted more at the end. That's why I didn't give this 5 stars.