hippiedaizy

P.D. Singer
Xylophone
K.Z. Snow
Don't Read in the Closet: Volume Four
With Caution (With or Without Series, #3)
J.L. Langley
A Road Not Taken - Jennifer Thorne This is SO my kind of book, or so I thought. I am a hippie ;) The thought of a eco-friendly home/community appeals to me so much. So much so that my husband and I (along with our 2 kids) are currently marking up plans for a passive solar home. Complete with a composting toilet, radiant heating flooring, solar powered water heater...basically living off the grid. So I thought this book was right up my alley, especially a guy with dreadies. HELL YEAH!

Ummm...this book fell flat for me :( Why was Peter so depressed? I didn't understand what drove him to the point of being on the side of the road. Why didn't he drink? What happened during his last sexual experience? Why was there so much pressure from his dad?

Jascha, I wanted to know more about the houses he built. Why was he attracted to Peter? How did he know to read Peter so well? What made him go through Peter's car? What made him move to the Eco Friendly community?

Then there's the point where Peter left. What happened to him in the hospital? What made him go to school again? Why the protests? Did he think he would ever see Jascha again? They were apart for 8 months, don't you think they should have talked a little more rather than just falling back in a pseudo-relationship? I mean, they were together for what 3 days before they separated? I didn't buy the insta-love. With Peter being so depressed, I just couldn't see it happening like that.

Overall, I think if fleshed out more it would have been awesome. I was left with wanting more.